Today majority of the students are preparing for their CAT examination but most of them are confused which books to refer. CAT examination has been taking place over years and it is becoming much tougher and tricky. When it comes to books which a student needs for preparation, reference books for CAT or MAT are very less. Since books are available less in the market, most of the students prefer to join tuition classes for the preparation of CAT/ MAT.
Any reference book should help the students to develop basic concepts, tricks how to solve complex questions as well as strategies how to complete the paper on time which is the most important factor for a student. A reference material should provide the students enough practice so that they can solve complex problems easily. A reference guide can be considered as a credible guide only if it helps the students to manage and solve tough questions. There are some well known books which a student can refer for their preparation.
• Simple and easy to understand – How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test- by Arun Sharma
• For advanced – The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha,
• For advanced and more practice – Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs by Sarvesh K Verma.
• For tips and shortcuts – Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit
• A Good book for LR – How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
• A Good book for VA – How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test by Meenakshi Upadhyay.
• A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech.
Apart from quantitative techniques , Verbal ability, data interpretation, Logical reasoning an MBA aspirant needs to have enough knowledge about the business world. They also need to have be aware of the recent happenings that are taking place around the globe They can refer to certain magazines like
• Business Line by The Hindu Group
• Business Today by India Today Group
Apart from the magazines, business newspapers are the best source for the business news, students can go through the newspapers like
• The Hindu
• Economics Times
• The Statesman
The above are the list of important books as well as the newspapers and magazines which an MBA aspirant should go through if he or she wants to get into a renowned business school.