Businesses generally do SWOT analysis to identify its strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats. Similarly each individuals need to do their personal swot analysis, specially related to their careers. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of each factors and analysis of these factors help the individuals to understand where their interests lie and how they can get opportunities to work in future.
Those people who are very much career oriented and want to achieve good jobs they should do swot on themselves. They can follow the following process.
Strengths: This includes what individual is good at and where their skills shine. They need to ask certain questions to themselves.
- What does he you do better than others?
- What unique qualities do you have?
- What sets you apart from others looking for jobs, such as education or certifications?
- How strong are your connections?
Weaknesses: This includes those areas on which an individual is weak or has less knowledge, or the areas on which one needs to improve. They consider certain questions like
- What are your negative habits
- Which part of your education needs improvement?
- Do you have any limited resources, such as time or influence?
Opportunities : For this part an individual should try to find out what extra qualities and capabilities one has to find out new jobs or to shift to new career direction. They should put emphasis on certain questions
- What extra skills do you posses?
- Is there any demand for a skill that you possess?
- Are there any vacancies where you can apply?
Threats : This incorporates certain external factors that could create difficulties for an individual who is in search of new jobs .There are certain factors they need to take into account are:
- Is there any competition for the types of jobs you are searching for?
- Are there any new professional skills which you do not posses ?
- Is there any new technology that may act as hindrance for you ?
This is the way an individual who is searching for good jobs as well as who are career oriented can conduct a SWOT analysis on themselves and it would be beneficial for them .