Group Discussion is a process where exchange of ideas and opinions are debated upon. This process is mostly used for selecting candidates for admission to management schools basically for MBA. In a group discussion process a student must take a stand during the discussion and he or she can share his or her point of view. It is not always necessary that one need s to conclude the discussion by a positive or negative point. The panelists are there to judge the discussion. There is a time limit for each discussions once it gets over the best candidates are selected.
TOP 50 TOPICS FOR GROUP DISCUSSIONS
1. Is coalition politics here to stay?
2. Does India need a dictator?
3. Is India moving away from a secularist state?
4. Education in India-or the lack of it.
5. What ails Indian sports?
6. The Age of Information.
7. Is Philosophy just arm chair theory?
8. Success is all about human relations
9. Borderless worlds-Dream or reality?
10. Quality is a myth in India.
11. Education and success-Is there a correlation?
12. We don’t learn from history, we repeat it
13. Indian villages-our strength or our weakness?
14. Agrarian Economy in India-boon or bane
15. If there were no armies in the world……
16. Do we need a global policeman?
17. Indian customs-are we in a time warp?
18. “How green was my valley……..”.Are we paying the price of nature?
19. Management Education-Is it necessary to succeed in business
20. The role of NGOs in economics and politics
21. NGOs – Do they serve peoples interests or are they pressure groups?
22. Death of Socialism
23. Role of women in development
24. Kids today are not what they used to be
25. Casteless India – A pipe dream
26. Should Trade Unionism be banned in India
27. Repeated elections – Should taxpayers pay for it?
28. Indian bureaucracy – foundation strengths or colonial hangovers?
29. In India, the whole is less than the parts – Do we lack in team spirit?
30. Generation X – Drivers of our future or are they our lost souls?
31. Do we need a cut in the defense budget?
32. “Dot.com” companies – Is there room for everyone?
33. Artificial Intelligence – Will man be ever replaced by machines?
34. if I were to choose my person of the millennium…
35. All the world is a stage….
36. When managers become Hamlets…
37. If Patel were our first Prime Minister…….
38. Materialism – Have we sold our souls to the Devil?
39. You’ve come a long way, baby – The rise and rise of feminist power .
40. Role of ethics in tobacco industry, liquor industry etc.
41. Should gambling be legalized in India?
42. Are we unfit for Democracy?
43. Survival tools for the new millennium
44. Examinations – has it killed education
45. Cultural Invasion through the air waves
46. Should doctors be tried in Consumer Courts
47. Abortion and Euthanasia – Is it morally right for society
48. Are beauty pageants necessary?
49. The relevance of Gandhism today
50. India and the WTO