It was March 2006 when Jack Dorsey invented the great tool to connect people, for sharing thoughts and ideas. Yes it is twitter through which more than 500 million people are connected; 1.6 billion search queries are made per day. Earlier people use twitter as a communicating tool but now a days it used as a marketing tool for business. It is free of cost social media tool, able to connect wide range of people with very less time, so different companies are using it to market their product and services in many ways.
Some of reason for which most of the business using twitter
Connecting with customers:
There are many companies using twitter as to connect with customers. It is two ways communicating tool. Companies not only sharing information with the customers but also able to get the customers feedback which is more use full for the companies to aware about customers taste and preferences.
It’s a great tool for branding any product. Now a day almost all the companies have their twitter profile through which they brand their product and services.
Spying on competitor:
What your competitor are doing, you can easily be aware of about it through twitter.
By using twitter, business can share the news of upcoming product, existing goods and services to its target customers.
How to marketing through twitter?
1. A complete profile: First need to make complete profile using good photographs in header and background. All information related to business need to share so that one can easily know about the organization.
2. Understanding dynamics: Before using twitter one should aware about some dynamic of twitter. It means how frequently & how much tweet need to put up. Ideally no of tweets should be 3 to 4 every day and it should be regular on everyday basis.
3. Announcing special sales and deals: Announcing specials sales and gifts so that target customer can know about the product.
4. Live updates: It is better to give live updated about what going on in the companies so that customer can aware about it. Here companies can also share about its CSR activity.
5. Promoting blog, article, and website: Companies can also market themselves by promoting their blog, article and website.
Some steps needs to follow to increase follower on twitter
- Tweet well and tweet often.
- Adding twitter id as hyperlink.
- Follow competitors’ follower.
- Provide free tips, service.
- Send messages to people who are not following you.
- Advertising on twitter.
- Run a contest.
- Asking people to re-twitting.
- Use hash-tag.
- Repeating the popular tweet
PGDM 1st year 2012-14